Our Return Policy
We accept returns on new and unused products for exchange or in store credit within 30 days of purchase. There is no restocking fee on exchanges, as long as the items are new, in unused condition, and in the original packaging. Before returning any item you must obtain a return authorization number. You can obtain the return authorization number through our website, using our online RA procedure, or by calling 800.936.5156 Monday through Friday between 10:00 and 5:00 PM. To obtain the RA number over our website just go to your order history and follow the directions. No returns or exchanges are allowed on installed or special order items. All postage must be paid prior to shipping returns to Universal Cycles. No C.O.D's will be accepted. Please send all returns to:
2202 E. Burnside St.
Portland, OR 97214
Items returned for refund in new and unused condition in their original packaging will be given a full credit for the purchase price of the item to the original credit card or Paypal account used to purchase it. Items may be returned within 30 days of original purchase. Please allow one billing cycle for credits to appear on your credit card billing statement. If the original form of payment was cashier's check or money order please allow enough time for the return to reach us and for return mail time to receive your refund check. To check on a return, you can view the status on our website under your Order History. Or, please call during our store hours. We can not accept any returns on used or installed merchandise.
Missing or Incorrect Items
If your package is missing items or the you received items which are incorrect please email us or call us at 800.936.5156 or 503.943.6155
Wrong Product Received
If we are at fault we will pay for the return UPS Ground return shipment of the product and send you a new product with the same method which the order was originally placed. We can provide a call tag to make the process easier. We will take care of the mistake in a timely manner, and work with you to fix the error. A new invoice will be created and charged for the new product and a full credit given when we receive the returned product.
Please email us or call us at 800.936.5156 or 503.943.6155.
Warranties are issued by the individual manufacturers of each product. Warranties usually cover defects in materials and workmanship. Damage from any type of abuse or neglect is not covered. The manufacturer may choose to either repair or replace a product they feel is covered under the warranty. Some manufacturers require the warranty item to be sent directly to them others prefer us to handle it. If you feel you have a defective product you may contact the manufacturer for a return authorization directly or you can contact us. It is usually faster to contact the manufacturer directly. Most manufacturers will not accept shipment without a return authorization. We can supply you with the manufacturer contact numbers for all of the products we sell. Shipping and labor are not covered by most warranties. To obtain a Return Authorization for defective products being shipped to us email us or call 800.936.5156 or 503.943.6155 during business hours. We must be contacted before we will accept any warranty items.
Damaged in Shipping
We will replace any product damaged in shipping. This does not include items that have been installed. Call us at 800.936.5156 or 503.943.6155 or email us.
How to Return a Product
Any exchange or return being sent back to us must have a valid Return Authorization number issued by us. There are two ways to obtain the Return Authorization number. Using our website, you can login to your account, view your order history, and use our Online Return Authorization process. You can also email us or call us at 800.936.5156 or 503.943.6155 to acquire a Return Authorization number.
Online Return Procedure
- To start an Online Return Authorization (ORA) log into you account and go to the Order History and select Return Items(s) from the actions column. There will be instructions there to fill out the form.
- You can follow the status of your ORA at all times by viewing the Order Status column in your Order History when logged in to our site
- When you submit the ORA your status will now be ORA-New. We will review the request, and e-mail you a confirmation. Your ORA status will change to ORA-Approved and you can then print a return shipping address label by selecting the Print ORA Form link under the Actions column. Return requests received by 4 p.m., Mon-Fri, will be processed the same day.
- When your return is received by us, your status will change to ORA - Received. Returns normally take 2 business days to process.
- We will then e-mail you a confirmation that your return has been processed and we have performed the necessary credits or exchanges. The status will change to ORA - Processed