Universal Cycles has specialized in hand built wheels for over 15 years. Hand built wheels are more durable than machine built wheels. Tension is brought up slowly and the spokes are given the time to settle in and stretch. The more wheels a mechanic builds, the better he/she will get at it. Our wheel builders are masters. They have built thousands of wheels and can provide the best builds possible. Over time, Universal Cycles has had customers come back multiple times for different wheels because they know they will get the best quality hand built wheels available.
* Disassembly fee: This fee is charged if we have to cut out the hub and take tires and cassette off your wheel to build up with your own hub.
- All wheels are laced using Wheelsmith brand Spoke Prep thread lock to ensure longer life.
- Light oil lubrication is used between the nipples and rims during the build
- All wheels are trued to within .5mm tolerance for both lateral and vertical movement when they leave our facility.
- All wheels have less than a 5% tension variance between spokes when they leave our facility.
- All wheels are dished correctly
- All wheelsets are hand stressed to minimize any spoke wind-up.
- All wheels include one extra spoke of each size and extra nipples in case you break a spoke.
- All wheels include Nylon rim tape installed
- All wheelsets are built with the same attention to detail regardless of price.