Inspired by the city life at night, the Black Edition
features a number of key components in black rather than the usual silver giving a more urban vibe. Handlebars, Seatposts, rims, etc. are Black on these unique, limited edition, bikes.
- Handlebar: H Type - Higher rise handlebar shape. 60mm higher than M with a 13mm increase in reach, the H bar designed for riders interested in an upright style, tall people who want to be relaxed, and people who want to enjoy the scenery. With a grip height of 1072mm, the bar puts the least amount of pressure on the wrists and forearms.
- Gears: 6 Speed - The ultimate all-rounder, for those who wish to take longer rides and challenging inclines. The combination of the highly-efficient BWR [Brompton Wide Range] hub with the derailleur system gives six evenly-spaced gears. With its low transmission losses and wide range, this is the right choice for touring and for riding in hilly areas.
- Version: Version L - Includes Fenders (Mudguards) and Pump
- Includes: Front Carrier Block for mounting all Brompton Luggage
- Black Lacquer: . The Black Lacquer is an alluring finish with the braze still visible, but through a smoky, blackened lacquer. The new paint plant at their London factory has enabled the development of this new finish. Raw lacquer finishing makes this Special Edition even more amazing as it shows off the craftsmanship, specifically the hand brazing details.
- Frame: Steel
- Fork: Steel
- Headset: 1 1/8” Threaded, Steel
- Brake Levers: Full Aluminum Construction. Black, Short pull. Reach Adjustment (2.5mm Allen Screw) w/ barrel adjuster
- Brakes: Brompton Caliper. Fibrax pads housed in aluminum housing
- Shifters: Under bar, two way self returning levers, Gear indicator window. Directly mounted to brake levers. 6 speed is 2 Left shifter and 3 speed Right shifter. Left hand gives smaller Gear changes, right hand give larger change
- Crankset: 170mm x 130mm BCD x 50 Tooth Ring, With chainring guard, JIS Square Taper
- Bottom Bracket: FAG branded JIS, 119mm spindle.
- Chain: Sram with Powerlink, 3/32"
- Rear Cogs: 13/16t
- Rear Hub: Sturmey Archer BWR (Brompton Wide Ratio) 6 speed. 3 internal gears with 2 sprockets. 302% gear range that is comparable to leading 8 speed hubs internal gear hubs
- Rims: Brompton Double wall Alloy Rims, 28 hole, Black/Silver
- Pedals: Brompton Folding
- Tires: Schwalbe Marathon Racer, 16 x 1.35" (35 - 349); Reflective Stripe
- Tubes: Brompton Schrader valve
- Saddle: Brompton Unisex, Wide 167mm Width, with contoured grip under the nose for easy carrying
- Seatpost: Standard Brompton Steel Seat Pillar (2.9 inch gauge), with Brompton Pentaclip
- Lighting: Brompton 500 lumen USB rechargeable front light and Brompton rear battery lamp
- Wheel Size: 16" (349mm); Specific to Brompton
- Folded Size: 585mm high x 565mm long x 270mm wide / 23" x 22.2" x 10.6"
- Weight: 26.60 lbs.
We can not and will not process any orders for shipment outside the United States for Brompton products