Salsa Horsethief Complete Bike - 2012
This is a lot of bike for the money! Take advantage of the few closeouts we have at the end of the year. If you are looking for a fantastic full suspension 29er, this bike will not let you down. The Horsethief is truly a hidden gem for 2012!!
The Salsa Horsethief. A full-suspension 29'er trail bike designed for all-day riding on rugged terrain. A very capable climber with a slight bias toward descending, so you can enjoy the fruits of your uphill labor.
- 6061-T6 Heat Treated Aluminum Tubeset; a mix of hydroformed and shaped tubing, custom spec'd with all-mountain riding in mind; 142 x 12mm Maxle dropout
- SRAM X.9 2 x 10 drivetrain with Formula/Stan's wheels and Conti Mountain King II 29 x 2.35" tires
- Fox 34 RL fork, QR15, tapered steerer, 120mm (convertible to 140mm)
- Fox Float RP2 Boost Valve Air rear shock; adjustable rebound; 120mm travel; two ProPedal settings: Off for unrestricted bump absorption, On for optimized climbing
- Simplified one-piece rear triangle with shaped stays and a shared pivot link design that reduces pivot points and hardware
- ISCG-05 chain guide tabs
- Get full specs on the Horsethief at salsacycles.com
- Crankset: SRAM S1000 GXP, SM = 170mm, MD, LG, XL = 175mm
- Chainring: SRAM 22/36T
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP
- Chain: KMC X10
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1030, 12-36T
- Front Derailleur: SRAM X7, 2 x 10, High Direct Mount
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9, 10-Speed, Mid Cage, White
- Fork: Fox 34 RL 120mm (convertible to 140mm), QR15, Tapered Steerer, White, Custom for Salsa
- Headset: Cane Creek 40-Series, Tapered ZS, Black
- Handlebar: Salsa Pro Moto 2, 11-Degree Flat, 31.8mm, Black, 710mm Width
- Stem: Salsa Pro Moto 2, 31.8mm, Black
- Grips: Salsa Juegos de Fuegos
- Front Brake: SRAM Elixir 5, 180mm, 6-Bolt, HS1 Rotor
- Rear Brake: SRAM Elixir 5, 160mm, 6-Bolt, HS1 Rotor
- Brake Levers: SRAM Elixir 5
- Tires: Continental Mountain King II 29 x 2.35", Folding Bead
- Front Shifter: SRAM X7 Trigger, 2 x 10
- Rear Shifter: SRAM X7 Trigger, 10-Speed
- Seatpost: Salsa Pro Moto 2, 31.6mm
- Seatclamp: Salsa Flip-Lock, Special Color
- Saddle: WTB Pure V, Black
- Front Hub: Formula, 15mm Thru-Axle, Sealed Cartridge, 32H, Special Color
- Rear Hub: Formula, Double Sealed Cartridge, 32H, Special Color
- Quick Release: Front: Fox QR15; Rear: SRAM 12 x 142mm Maxle
- Spokes: DT Swiss, Competition, Butted 2.0/1.8, Black
- Nipples: DT Swiss, ProLock Brass
- Rims: Stan's Flow 29er, 32H
Rock Bottom Priced Item - The price on this product has either been reduced to match a competitor's price, or the manufacturer does not allow coupons on their products. We can not honor coupons on this product. However, the cost of this product will still count toward other coupons dependent on order total.
You save 30%!
|Item #:||47552-110655 |
|Mfg#:||US BK8260 |
|Oregon||0 Today||0 Friday|
|Minnesota||0 Today|| |
|New Mexico||0 Today|| |
|Utah||0 Today|| |
* Not eligible for Free Economy or Pick-a-Product Shipping
|Portland, OR||0 Today||0 Friday|
|Ogden, UT||0 Today||0 Wednesday||
Heavy or Bulky Item:
This is a heavy or bulky item, and is expensive to ship via air.
We recommend UPS Ground shipping.
Customers also purchased together...
Create your own review!
My First 29er - Home Run out of the Park!
I've ridden a few 29ers on demo days but made the leap after reading Dirt Rag's review of the Horsethief and Spearfish. I was looking at Spearfish on UC website and saw the Horsethief on reduced price. Has more travel, better components, Fox 34 fork compared to the Spearfish and at a lower price, is this really a decision that took more than 5 ms? Nope. After installing my own bars and new front brake lever/caliper I was off and rolling. All my 26" bikes are for sale except for my downhill bike, the horsethief is that great of a bike.Pros:
Unlike the magazine reviews I'm doing better going up hairpin turns with the Horsethief than any of my 26" bikes (Cannondale Raven, Stumpjumper Pro, Kona Stab), Turning is more secure the front is still planted often the 26ers would start washing out on the trails I ride, climbing up sustained trails has been easier and faster. Great components for the price.Cons:
Brake hoses are too short for any configuration outside the standard bar, need an additional 20 cm on front hose and addt'l 10 cm on rear brake hose to take into account of levers mounted on Soma Fab Clarence bars. No instructions included with bike on set up Fox suspension beyond how to set sag. Too bad frame isn't made in smaller sizes, I have a small, would be great for people at 5' or 5'2" to be able to ride this bikeWould Buy Again:
October 17, 2012Reviewed by:
Thomas H., Thousand Oaks, CA
Was this review Helpful? Yes No Report as Inappropriate
Create your own review!